Turning in Digital Work
Description: How can students turn in digital work to teachers, whether students are using iPads or laptops as their computing devices. In this hands-on workshop, teachers will learn how to setup and use Google Classroom and/or SeeSaw (both free) as workshop participants to turn in various kinds of digital work. In addition, teachers will learn how to setup and use a YouTube channel (free) to publish videos for flipping classroom lessons or providing "blended" learning opportunities for students using videos.
September 21, 2015 links:
- Intro Photo & referenced @TEDradioHour podcasts: Screentime Part 1 & Screentime Part 2
- Listen to our Radio Show created with Opinion!
- Elementary Teachers: Add Your Thoughts About Radio Shows
- Secondary Teachers: Add Your Thoughts About Google Drive
Access this webpage:
Either use this link: wfryer.me/dwork
These materials by Wesley A. Fryer are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Contact details for Wesley are available.
or this QR code:
iPad Apps for Today
- i-Nigma (free) - QR code scanner
- Secondary: Google Classroom
- Elementary: SeeSaw
- Opinion (free for up to 10 minute radio shows, $4 for unlimited length)
- Voice Record Pro (free)
- YouTube Capture (free)
Why Digital Work?
Increase the QUANTITY and QUALITY of feedback you provide to students as a teacher!
Interactive Writing: The Foundation of the House
Shelly Fryer's classroom website: classroom.shellyfryer.com
Introduction to Google Classroom
Share iPhone Voice Recording to Google Classroom (7:45)
Tutorials from Google on Google Classroom:
- Join a Class (standard web browser or mobile app)
- Invite a Co-Teacher to your class
- More: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/
Wes’ post from August 26, 2015: “Handy Features of Google Classroom”
Introduction to SeeSaw: The Learning Journal
Elementary Teacher Workshop Participants: Please submit this Google Form to share your name with Wes!
In today's workshop you will log in as STUDENTS using the QR Code below:
- 2015 K12 Online Conference (PDF flyer)
- Oklahoma EdCamps
- The Digital Sharing Conference: Coming in November 2016 in Oklahoma City!
- iPad Media Camp
- Wes' YouTube channel and school IT support YouTube Channel