The Big Shift: Using Tech Tools to Create, Make, and Share
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Sun, Apr 15, 2018 (ATLIS 2018 Conference in Washington, D.C.)
Description: The best way to use technology tools in the classroom is to create, make, and share. Making the transition from predominant “media consumer” to frequent “media creator” should be part of the strategic plan of every school. Each learner should regularly contribute to a digital portfolio comprised of both a private “file cabinet” as well as a public “showcase” that highlights exemplars of work to meet specific academic standards or to highlight personal achievement and growth.
These materials by Wesley A. Fryer are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Contact details for Wesley are available.
A synchronized, narrated slideshow version of this Ignite-style presentation from April 15, 2018 at ATLIS is available (created on an iPad iwth with Voice Record Pro and Pinnacle Studio Pro):]
- Sketchnoting for Beginnersby @sylviaduckworth
- TEDx Video: Drawing in Class by Rachel Smith (@ninmah)
- The Noun Project (great source for icons to use as models for drawing)
- Narrated Sketchnote on Mindfulness and Resiliency (Feb 2016, sketchnote and narrated sketchnote example from Casady PD day with Dr. R. Murali Krishna)
- Explain Everything app (for iOS, Android and Chrome) - This blog post explains the difference between the "Explain Everything Whiteboard app" and Explain Everything
- ProCreate for iOS
- More resources on Sketchnoting / Visual Notetaking: showwithmedia.com/visual-notetaking/
Slideshow: Overview of eBook Creation Options: Laptop and iPad
Casady Children’s Book Projects - Spring 2018 (Whitney Finley’s 12th graders)
Spring 2018 3rd Grade Animal Research Project eBook Instructions (Jennifer Hensley)
- Show with Media: What Do You Want to Create Today? (showwithmedia.com)
- Make Media Mondays at Casady School (support.casady.org/register)
- Make Media Camp: Projects for Enriched Assessment (makemediacamp.com)
- Badges for iPad Media Camp (badgelist.com/ipadmediacamp)
- Activity and Project Matrix for iPad Media Camp (2016)
- The Digital Sharing Project (digitalsharing.org)
- PLAYDATE PD Model (People Learning and Asking Y: Digital Age Teacher Exploration
- Stage Pro: Interactive Whiteboard/Document Camera (via @pdxsprague)
- Digital Portfolios
- PhotosForClass.com (attribution-included CC licensed images)
- The Kid Should See This (@thekidshouldsee)
Connect With Wes
Connect with Wes Fryer via Twitter @wfryer or find lots of other ways on about.me/wfryer.
Interested in bringing Wes to your school or conference?
Handouts from all of Wes' past presentations, keynotes and workshops are available on wiki.wesfryer.com.
Follow Wes' amazing wife, Shelly Fryer (a third grade teacher) on Twitter at @sfryer.