Roadmap to Blended Learning
Description: What is blended learning and why should educators embrace it? How can we move towards a vision of blended learning in our schools? This session presents an OVERVIEW, WAYPOINTS, and DIRECTIONS for the Roadmap to Blended Learning.
Referenced Resources / Links
- When is Good?
- The Fourth Part of the World by Toby Lester
- Waldseemüller map (1507)
- What Happens in 60 Seconds on the Internet (April 2011, Gizmodo)
- Social Media Revolution 2 - Refresh (Vimeo)
- 8th Grade Poem: "The Fire"
- The Hobbit in 5 Minutes (YouTube)
- Actor's Commentary: The Hobbit in 5 Minutes (YouTube)
- TEDxNYED - David Wiley - 03/06/10
Other Referenced Resources:
- eBook Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing
- Fun intro: The Hobbit in 5 Minutes [video]
- Session tools:
- School Public Relations Example: Nebraska Loves Public Schools
- OER Examples
- Every class needs:
- a home base (wiki)
- a newspaper (blog)
- a virtual locker (password protected LMS)
- Classroom 'home base' examples (wikis)
- Classroom 'newspaper' examples (blogs)
- QuietTube (YouTube videos without the distractions)
- What's Moodle?
- Intro to Moodle
- Learning Moodle
- Moodle on Mobile Devices
- Ft Gibson Moodle