Going Mobile with Wordpress
Interested in having this shared as a presentation or workshop for your organization? This is available as a 3 hour workshop, 1 hour interactive videoconference, and downloadable podcast. Learn more, view upcoming schedules, and find download links on learn.playingwithmedia.com.
Description: With more people than ever using smartphones, now is the time to "mobilize" your content sharing for students, parents and other teachers. WordPress is a free, open source content management system used by thousands worldwide, both on the hosted WordPress.com platform as well as self-hosted sites. In this hands-on session we will explore options for making your WordPress sites mobile-friendly as well as using WordPress on-the-go to publish text, audio, images and video. We will learn how to use the free WordPress for iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) app to both publish content as well as moderate content. We'll also explore how the WordPress-based site KidBlog.org and app are great tools for classroom interactive writing.
Referenced Links and Resources
- Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing (discount code good through 6 Feb 2012, midnight CST)
- Why Go Mobile? (pic) "New research: Global surge in smartphone usage, UK sees biggest jump with 15% increase" (25 Jan 2012)
- Mobile themes optimize your Wordpress site for mobile devices
- Recommendation: Use the official Wordpress.org Theme Gallery
- Mobile Themes:
- Mobile Blogging
- Wordpress for iOS (free)
- Cross-post with Posterous
- Other Stuff