Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum
Interested in having one of these sessions shared as a presentation or workshop for your organization? Many breakout sessions are available as 3 hour workshops, 1 hour interactive videoconferences, and downloadable podcasts. Learn more, view upcoming schedules, and find download links on learn.playingwithmedia.com.
Description: As 21st century educators, we should to provide opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery and understanding of the curriculum not only with text but also with images, audio, and video. Dr. Wesley Fryer will invite and inspire you to become a better multimedia communicator and a pioneer with digital media in this dynamic presentation. Learn how to “expand the map” of assessment options in your classroom to include student products like narrated slideshows, enhanced eBooks including recorded audio, five photo stories with images, and more. Learn practical ways to overcome the anxiety and fear which often accompanies technology integration proposals by creating personal media products. Learn how to enhance your digital resume as a professional educator with examples of your own media creations as well as students projects you facilitate. Links to student media examples as well as project storyboards/tools are available on maps.playingwithmedia.com.
For the hands-on portion of the July 21st presentation, we're using:
- iPad Media Camp Day 1 Curriculum (Narrated Slideshows)
- ShowMe Channel for iPadMediaCamp1
- i-nigma app (free)
- ShowMe app for iPad (free)
- Explain Everything app for iPad ($3)
- iPad Media Camp Day 2 Curriculum (eBooks)
- Rachel's enhanced ebooks: Twins and Snowflake Gets Lost
- Book Creator for iPad ($5)
- Resources from iPad Media Camp
- More iPad Media Creation & Teaching Apps on iPadMediaCamp.com
- iPad Productivity Apps on iPadWithWes.com