Geo-Apps: Geographic Curriculum Connections
GeoApps are applications which permit learners to connect concepts to geography. Google Maps is a browser-based Geo-application environment, and Google Earth is a software-based GeoApp. We'll explore both and learn how to use resources created by others as well as make our own.
- Activity: Collaborative "Favorite Places" Map
- Using your Google Account join as a collaborator a "Favorite Places" map. (View examples: a GWE class' map and another - Section 62 - Section 63 from Wesley's Spring 2010 T4T class.)
- Add a place marker identifying your favorite place.
- Add content to the place marker using the rich text editing tools.
- Advanced: Add an image or other media to the place marker using the HTML editor.
- Explore some of your colleagues favorite places...
- Sketchup & The 3D Warehouse
Create an original Google Map on a topic of your choice which:
- Includes at least 10 placemarks
- Includes some text, hyperlinks, and images on the placemarks
- At least 3 of the hyperlinks should go to a relevant WikiPedia page.
- LOTS more GeoApp resources from Wesley's November 2009 GWE presentation in Austin, Texas.