In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn how to use Google Maps and Google Earth Specifically, participants will learn how to:
- Navigate and search in Google Maps and Google Earth
- Create a Custom Google Map
- Customize Google Map Placemarks with text, links, images, and embedded videos
- Share Custom Google Maps with links and as embedded maps on webpages
- Use Google Earth's layers, measurement tools, and places
- Use Google Earth custom KML/KMZ files created by others
- Create custom Google Earth custom KML/KMZ web tours and share them
Activity: Create A Multi-Media Map
I have shared a custom map and invited you as collaborators.
Google Maps Tutorial
Google Lit Trips -
More Google Earth Tutorial & Resources
Favorite Ways to Use Geo Apps:
*Big thanks to Google Certified Teacher, Chris Walsh for some of these links.
Walking Tour of Pairs
Here are some application that you can use and then embed in Google Maps and Earth.
Google Maps in Other Languages:
Students of foreign languages can be tasked to locate cities, give directions, or create placemarks about museums, shops, geographical features and other cultural practices.